Monday, February 1, 2016

My Relationship with Rest


Resting, relaxing, whatever you want to call it. I have a complicated relationship with rest. I am by nature a doer- I am also a severe asthmatic that spends way too much time sick. So, even though I want to be up and about all the time, I need to rest a lot, especially when I am sick.
I feel like there's a lot of college students out there that know exactly how I'm feeling. There are always five more chapters of that history textbook to be read, but dang it I haven't had eight hours of sleep in a week! Anyone else know the feeling?
But the Bible is very clear on the subject of rest. After six days of creating, God rested. If even God rests, it is a safe assumption to say that rest is really important!
So, this semester, I have decided to spend deliberate, intentional time resting. Where I am going to find that time, I'm not sure, but it's certainly worth a shot! Now, by rest I do not mean napping necessarily, but I do think that some activities are restful and some are not, depending upon the person.
For me, vegging and being on my phone on Pinterest is not very restful. There are too many things I find on Pinterest that I immediately want to try to do! But journaling for me is extremely restful. So is reading. So these will be the things I will try to do when I need rest.
What do you do to try to relax?





No comments:

Post a Comment